Uncompensated Healthcare is a True Emergency
Since 2000, hospitals of all types have provided more than $620 billion in uncompensated care to their patients.
Each year, the American Hospital Association (AHA) publishes aggregate information on the level of uncompensated care – care provided for which no payment is received – delivered by all types of U.S. hospitals.
The data used to generate these numbers come from the AHA’s Annual Survey of Hospitals, which is the nation’s most comprehensive source of hospital financial data. This fact sheet provides the definition of uncompensated care and technical information on how this figure is calculated on a cost basis.
Also Read: Improving the Relationship with Patients
Please note, this information includes only two components within the universe of benefits that hospitals provide to their communities. While this fact sheet contains important information, it does not account for the many other services and programs that hospitals provide to meet identified community needs. It also may not fully account for other ways in which hospitals provide financial assistance to patients of limited means.
View full report HERE
CoverMe is consistently creating ways to innovate a simple technical healthcare solution that appeals to both hospitals and patients alike.
View CoverMe’s newest features:
- Full customization, by adding any support program your hospital wants to offer to your personal marketplace.
- Simple access to check for existing coverage, check out of pocket costs and seamlessly bridge any payment gap with instant financing options.
- Track your patient’s history seamlessly if the case already exists. Just update with new information to see new eligibility options.
- Autofill your patient data by simply snapping a picture of your patient’s identification, insurance card, even take a selfie and the data autofills directly to CoverMe.
- Sometimes special notes get overlooked and there is more to the story. Now you can add it all to the case, so details are never missed.
- Documents are now easily uploaded and can be texted, emailed or sent to CoverMe and are easily attached to the patient’s case.
Would you like to see a live demonstration of how CoverMe can work for your healthcare facility and streamline the convenience of today’s technology?
Schedule a demonstration today with a CoverMe representative.